Text: Psalm 23: 1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
As a believer, God expects us to be like a sheep.
A sheep knows no one else except the shepherd.
A sheep will only hear and hearken to the voice of his shepherd.
In the same manner, as a sheep of Christ, He expects us to follow His lead, hearken to His voice, enjoy His rebuke, trust His leading for our paths.
It’s so sad that many believers have failed to learn the shepherd’s voice.
When the shepherd says, don’t steal, they still do.
When the shepherd says, honor me with your body, they still dishonor His instructions.
When the shepherd says follow me, they still want to know where the strange voice has come from.
Do you know Jesus will not lead you into trouble if you follow Him?
Just as a shepherd leads his sheep to green pastures, so will Jesus lead you unto His path of abundance and safety.
He will cause His goodness and mercy to follow you forever.
Beloved, what else could be compared to this?
Decide to be a sheep of Jesus Christ today and enjoy the abundant blessings of His great love.
Say these prayers.
Thank you for your word.
Today I repent from all my sin and wicked ways.
I confess you as my Lord and my shepherd.
Lead me, Lord, as it pleases You.
Fill me with your Holy Spirit.
Thank you for saving me.
See some benefit you’ll enjoy as God’s sheep.
Psalm 23: 1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.