1 Peter 2: 9.
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
In our today’s devotion on Part 2 of Sanctification, we would understand fully from Biblical example and texts on what it means to be called out by God.
From our Bible Text, we are told of our new identity in Christ Jesus and the reason behind our salvation.
A little further in the verse 10 of same Bible Text, the Bible made emphasis on what we use to be. Let’s see; 1 Peter 2: 10. Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
Through the finished work of Christ Jesus and by the reason of our salvation in Christ, we have obtained God’s mercy to be “SET APART”, to be called a “HOLY NATION”, with a new identity to show forth the praises of God who separated us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
As a sanctified child of God, it is your due responsibility to show forth the light of God.
When the Angel of the Lord brought the message on the birth of Samson in Judges 13,
The mother of Samson was instructed by the Angel not to “drink strong wine or eat anything unclean”. Why? Because the child to be born was set apart, in order words sanctified to be used by the Lord.
The same way the Lord demand great measures of Holiness from us His sanctified children. God has set us as light to the world that when people see us, we are easily identified as Christians, and our father in Heaven will be greatly glorified. Matthew 5:16.
As a sanctified child of God,
1. Abstain from fleshy lusts that corrupts your soul. 1 Peter 2:11.
2. Keep an honest conversation among other brethren and believers, irrespective of their attitudes or kind of life style. Your conversation should bring them to the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:12.
3. Submit to Authorities that have rule over you. First to your parents, spouse, spiritual leaders and the government of your land.
1 Peter 2:13-15.
4. Understand that your freedom from darkness and sin is not for you to manipulate people and live in hidden sins but to glorify God. 1 Peter 2:16.
5. Learn to honor and love all men irrespective of position, situation, class or whatsoever. We are a holy nation and we are called into a ministry of reconciliation and when we honor and love others, our Father is glorified in Heaven. 1 Peter 2:17.
6. Finally our call is a call unto service. We are set apart to serve and not to be served. God expects us to humble ourselves and serve our community in love, our family, our local churches and society.
You can be committed to a particular project or responsibility in your local assembly and serve the Lord with all sincerity and diligence. 1 Peter 2:18.
I pray God who has called us and set us apart for various assignments and ministry purposes, would give us His Grace to effectively represent Him in Truth and in Spirit with the little time we may have on earth in Jesus Christ name.
Bible study: 2 Timothy 2:20-26.