Text: Deuteronomy 28: 1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
A perfect walk with God requires a total obedience to His word and instructions.
When the Lord demands a total obedience from us, it is for our own good, for God will only honor those who honor Him and despise those who despise Him. 1 Samuel 2:30.
The instructions of God might seem meaningless in your human reasoning, but until you obey, your miracles will never come.
When Naaman the Syrian army Commander was asked to dip himself seven times in Jordan river for his healing, it sounded stupid as he thought the Syrian rivers were more clean and better off, but his expectation was tied to his obedience and until he obeyed, his result never came.
Beloved, how would you doubt the instructions of your creator?
The earth you live in was created by Him, the air you breathe was created by Him, count it all joy when God instructs you, for His word and instructions are signs of His love.
Have you recently flaunted God’s instruction?
Now run back to Him in all repentance of heart and make your ways right.
There are many promised blessings of God attached to our obedience.
Deuteronomy 28: 1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. 8. The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9. The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. 10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. 11. And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12. The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
Obedient and faithful children are left with inheritance.
Let us learn to obey God’s voice, His word and His instructions, that we might be partakers of His blessings here on earth.