Text: Romans 8: 31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
A shepherd is someone who takes care of flocks of sheep.
The Lord has stretched out His hand to walk us down the path of this life in a perfect way.
Jesus Christ is the good Shepherd who defended his sheep by dying on the cross.
The benefits of having Jesus as our shepherd.
1. Lack is gone. A Life that is under the direction and control of Jesus Christ lacks nothing good in life. Psalm 23:1.
2. He provides in abundance. God has promised to lie us down in green pastures, not a dry pasture.
Green is a symbol of life and like a good shepherd, He puts us in that garden of abundance. Psalm 23:2.
3. He guides our steps. Jesus will lead you beside a peaceful stream. He will hide you from trouble and will never permit a temptation more than you, overcome you. Psalm 23:2.
4. Your soul is refreshed and restored.
Jesus is the one who has the power to go in our past and correct our mistakes for a glorious future.
Through His word, He refreshes you daily.
5. He walks you through a righteous path.
Jesus will not let you walk with evil doers.
He will constantly align your step unto the righteous path through the help and leading of His Holy Spirit, for the Glory of His name. Psalm 23:3.
6. Protection is guaranteed. Jesus will keep us under His shadow.
He has promised to fight our battles and put all of our adversaries to shame. Even your enemies, the Lord has promised to hide you away from them. Psalm 23:4-5.
7. He anoints your head with oil.
Jesus will anoint your head with His oil for greater impact and for effective.
8. Assurance of God’s mercy and goodness. Psalm 23:6.
9. Eternal rest with Jesus.
God will give His own eternal rest in Heaven. Psalm 23:6.