Text: Ecclesiastes 12: 1. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2. While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
3. In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
4. And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
5. Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
6. Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
We easily get caught up with every new system we come across.
We get carried away easily by the world and her activities.
We want to be like everything we see.
We want to model every individual we feel the world celebrates.
But today God wants You,
You must remember where you have come from.
Remember where God picked you up from.
Do you know,
One day, the beauty will be no more.
One day, the good curves, beautiful skin will return back to earth where it belongs.
One day, you will try to eat that your favorite food and you won’t be able anymore.
One day, the ministry you love so much will be under the hands of another.
One day all the wealth and money you have worked so hard to earn will be under the control of another.
Now you chase away flies and maggots but one day you will no more be able to in the grave.
One day all your names and titles of Bishop, Dr, papa, mama, Apostle will be accompanied with a very common name, LATE before your real name.
We waste our years on earth in pursuit of things of no value.
We do all sorts of evil, we are ready and willing to go an extra mile with evil in pursuit of wealth.
Where is that generation of men who have forgotten all to gain Christ?
We’re are now in the generation of gaining all by all means at the expense of our soul.
Jesus said, what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?
Where are the ancient generation of Apostle Paul, those men that desired to know the Lord, that desired to lose all and gain Christ?
How can a young man go to the extent of making rituals in pursuit of money, wealth that we see today and tomorrow is no more?
How can a young woman spend all her life in immorality with the body God has called His temple.
Youth! Remember the Lord now that you can.
If you can communicate with those in the grave, many would tell you how they wished for an opportunity to serve the Lord.
Remember the word of God.
Remember the pain, insults, shame, accusation, beating, mocking, He went through on the cross to give you life.
Remember to show love at all times to your neighbor and the poor.