Text: 2 Corinthians 10: 4. (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6. And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Spiritual weapons are not guns and knives.
If God would make weapons available for us, it reveals to me that battles will always come, a sign that the kingdom of God suffers violence and only the violent takes his possession.
We’re called by God with a divine mandate to occupy until Jesus returns.
When you fail to occupy as a believer, Satan will sift you.
You don’t fight Satan with carnality.
You don’t pull down strongholds with a life of carnality.
Don’t be a half time believer and try to wrestle a full-time Satan.
You don’t need to negotiate with powers that exalt themselves above the knowledge of God, you pull them down in the name of Jesus.
Unless you are equipped with your weapon of warfare, it’ll be impossible to pull down satanic strongholds.
For no man plunders a strong man in his house without first binding him.
As a soldier of Christ you must be equipped with;
1. A garment purity. Only those pure in heart will access the throne of God. Matthew 5:8.
Without purity you cannot access God the Bible says. Hebrews 12:14.
What does it mean to be holy?
To be holy means to live blamelessly before God.
To successfully live blamelessly before God, you must be a friend of God.
Remember before men, your weakness might be seen but when you constantly run to God even when you fall, you’re living a blameless life.
God covers our weakness and when we confess our sin, we can stand before Him.
That is why when men would see a weak man, a weak stutter, a poor coward, God is seeing a mighty man of war that He wants to use.
It is impossible to stay or live a holy life in the absence of God.
Without a pure garment, your prayer would be abominable before the Lord. Proverbs 15:8.
And without your garment of purity, Satan would accuse you even right before the Lord.
Zechariah 3: 1. And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2. And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
3. Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Examine yourself and turn from all your sinful and wicked ways if need be that you might be clothed with a garment of righteousness.
For without holiness, no eyes shall see God.
2. Put on your helmet of salvation. As the head is the driving factor of a man and his life, so is Jesus Christ the number one weapon of warfare for a believer.
A life without Jesus as the helmet of salvation cannot stand against Satan and his works.
You must repent and be saved from your sins.
Accept Jesus Christ as the savior of your life then His name will be your strong tower of security.
The name of Jesus is above every other name, but until you identify with that name, you’ll never access the full potency of that name. See Philippians 2:9-11.
In our subsequent devotional, we’ll resume with more spiritual weapons of a true soldier of Christ.
We pray these words to reshape you into God’s original plan for your life.