Text: Luke 12: 8. Also, I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God.
Since Christ took away our sins and gave us life by the reason of His death on the cross and resurrection, it is expedient of us (the saints of Christ), to live for Him.
Apostle Paul in the Bible, counted all personal achievements and efforts as nothing as he pressed on to know and live for Christ.
In his words in Philippians 1:21, he said; For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Indeed this should also be our earnest heart cry and desire.
To live for God is a decision to walk in righteousness, a life and walk of faith in God.
Benefits of living for God.
There are many benefits of living for God as Christians, but we’ll see just a few.
1. When we live for Christ Jesus, His faith replaces our fear and doubts. Galatians 2: 20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
2. Living for God is a life of victory. When we live for God in obedience to the Holy Spirit and His word, even our enemies will automatically work in our favor. The Bible says when a man’s ways please God, He makes his enemies at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7.
3. The mark of God’s protection and His blood is evident in the life of a man that chooses to live for Him. See; Galatians 6:17, Exodus 12:13.
4. There’s a guarantee of eternal life as we live for the only one who is the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6, 3:16.
5. When you live for God, He becomes your best friend and when God be for you, surely nothing can be against you. And also nothing is permitted to separate you from His love.
See; John 15:15, Romans 8:31-39.
6. We enjoy open door of God’s blessings, good health and all good things of life as we live for God. Revelations 3:8, I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and has kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Finally just as our Bible text tells us that Jesus Christ is only proud of those that are proud of Him, those that show forth His works and light, He will by no means hide them from His heavenly father, God wants us today to show forth His light, by our words, actions, dressing and in anything we do.
Choose to live for God today and see that Indeed, the Lord is good.