Text: John 15: 13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
All for love, God sent His only son Jesus to redeem man. John 3:16
All for love, Christ came, took the pain, took the shame, took the insults and humiliation.
(See, 1 Peter 2:22-25, Matthew 27:27-31).
He was rejected by the very ones He came to save but compelled by love, He still died to save us. John 1:11.
All for love, He was made poor, took the hatred and rejection of men, a man of sorrow He Was, acquainted with grief as we hid our faces from Him, wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, oppressed and afflicted, yet He never said a word, just like a lamb to the slaughter. All for love. Isaiah 53:3-7.
Jesus beholding the joy, Glory, and fellowship we would have with Him, He took the nails.
In His word He said; John 15: 13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
How difficult it is or rather impossible for men to die for you.
But being compelled by love, when we were without strength and while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8.
Now we no more behold His Glory with veiled faces, but with an open face, we behold as in a glass His Glory and are changed into the same image from Glory to Glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. All by this same single great act of love. 2 Corinthians 3:18.
What will you render as a sign of gratitude to this loving Father who has called you out of darkness?
How do you reciprocate such a great act of love?
Now imagine how many have put the heart of God in pain by their sinful way of living.
If God would lose the most treasured of His possession just to redeem us, it is expected of us to live for Him and not against Him.
Just like a dying father on his deathbed giving out his final instruction to his dear children, with words that we never forget and never joke with, I could only imagine Jesus giving us the same kind of instruction before ascending to Heaven, He said;
Mark 16: 15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
If truly His death and resurrection gave birth to your life, then you must live for Him in truth and in Spirit.
Today, the Lord is asking You;
Do you love Him more than the pleasures of this world?
If you do, you must live for Him.
Again He says, Do you love me more than these things money can buy?
If you do, you must witness Him to the world.
And again, Do you love me He says, more than the power, titles, and positions of this world?
If you do, you must feed His sheep.
Go in search of the lost and bring them back to the cross.
He that wins a soul is wise. Proverbs 11:30.
Study and meditate.
John 21: 15. So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.